Venue Terms and Conditions
Last updated 6th October 2016
Application and Entire Agreement
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the services detailed in our quotation (Our Services) by Event Booker Solutions LTD a company registered in England and Wales under number 103TT569 whose registered office is at WeWork Paddington, 2 Eastbourne Terrace, London, W2 6LG.
- You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the Services (whichever happens earlier) and these Terms and Conditions and our quotation is the entire agreement between us.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf. These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A “Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
- Platform: Event Bookers website.
- User: An individual or legal entity that has registered with Event Booker by using the Platform.
- Venue: An authorised representative that has operational control over a location or set of locations.
- Enquiry: A message sent to the Venue via the Platform
- Booking: a booking of any space made on terms agreed between the User and the Venue.
- Event Booker is an online Platform that allows Users to contact and book Venues that are listed on our Platform.
- Event Booker acts as an intermediary between the Venue and the User.
- Any contract, arrangement or agreement is between the Venue and the User.
- The Venue agrees to respond to messages and booking enquires from Users or Event Booker staff.
Listing Venues and Spaces
- The Venue agrees to be responsible for maintaining true and accurate details about the Venue and Spaces listed of their profile, by providing up-to-date information, such as images, prices and facilities. Enquires made by Users will be based on the information listed in the Venues profiles.
- The Venue agrees that prices listed on the Event Booker Platform must not be higher than any fixed / advertised price that is displayed elsewhere and must be inclusive of any Commission payable to Event Booker.
- Event Booker reserves the right to remove any profile listed, if in Event Booker’s opinion, that profile does not comply with acceptable content standards.
- Venues agree to pay a 10% commission to Event Booker, where payment is due to the Venue for a booking made by a User, as a result of a confirmed enquiry made through the Platform.
- Commission is due on a given Booking when either the User has booked by sending an Enquiry through the Platform or when an Event Booker Representative has suggested the Venue that has been booked.
- Commission is not due on a given Booking when either the User has booked without any help from Event Booker, independently of the Platform or when the User had already contacted the Venue before contacting Event Booker.
- Event Booker does not charge fees to the Venue or to the User.
- Excluding VAT, commission is calculated based upon the entire payment made to the Venue from the User. VAT is subsequently added to all commission invoices.
- The Venue agrees to make full payment of the commission invoice of successfully booked events, subject to the User making a payment to the Venue, to Event Booker within 28 days from the date on which any such invoice is raised.
- The Venue agrees not to charge the User commission that is owed to Event Booker for Bookings made through the Platform.
- No commission is payable if a booking if the booking is cancelled by the User.
- In the event Event Booker incurs costs such as debt collection agency costs, the Venue will reimburse us such agency costs on an indemnity basis.
- Without limiting any other right or remedy Event Booker has for statutory interest, if a Venue does not pay within the period set out above, Event booker will charge the Venue interest at a rate of 8% per annum above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time on the amount outstanding until payment is received in full.
- All payments made by the Venue to Event Booker must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between Event Booker and the Venue.
- We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights, which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
- The Venue cannot take any action that causes, or may cause, damage or impairment to the Platform and to not use the Platform in any way that is unlawful or illegal.
- The venue cannot use the Platform to publish or distribute any material, which consists of any malicious software.
- Venues cannot use data collected from the Platform to contact individuals or companies.
Third Party Websites
- Event Booker includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties within the Platform.
- Event Booker has no control over third party websites and their contents and accepts no reasonability or liability for them.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or duly authorised officer of that party).
- Notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
- When delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- When sent, if transmitted by email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- On the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- On the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address or email address notified to the other party.
- No delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy nor stop further exercise of any other right, or remedy.
- If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed and interpreted according to English Law. All disputes arsing under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.